The WVPMA library is available to all members. This library was started with material donated by our members and sales representatives. The library is a source of information on many different topics for veterinary management. Any donated material is welcome. The material can be in any format (books, audio cassettes, videos, etc.) Subject matter includes: staff training, financial planning, time management, personnel, etc.
Check out time for an item is "meeting to meeting". Please be respectful of other members. Members are responsible for replacement of item if lost or damaged.
Contact Liz Dahlstrom with any questions or for further details. The entire contents of the Library will be at each meeting available for check out.
Recommendations For Use:
- If you know which item you would like to check out, please notify the secretary of your interest in that item before the next regular meeting.
- Check in-time is at the following meeting (you have approximately 2 months with the material). If you are not attending the next meeting, these items must be returned by mail prior to the meeting.
- If someone requests material that has been checked out, I will call you to return it before the next meeting.
- Return postage will be at your expense.
- Clinics who donate material will have the option of requesting their material back if desired.
FAILURE TO RETURN AN ITEM ON TIME WILL RESULT IN THE FORFEITURE OF MEMBER PRIVILEGES UNTIL THE ITEM IS RETURNED.
Books and Publications
- Lifescripts - What to Say to Get What You Want in 101 of Life's Toughest Situations by Stephen M. Pollan & Mark Levine
- The Art of Communicating Bert Decker
- Attitude Your Most Priceless Possession by Elwood N. Chapman
- Dealing With People You Can’t Stand: How to bring out the best in people at their worst by Dr. Rick Brinkman & Dr. Rick Kirschner
- Exceeding the Standards: Teaching with Pride, Poise, and Passion by Bill Collar
- It’s More Than a Game by Bill Collar
- Educating Your Clients from A to Z by Nan Boss, DVM
- Client Satisfaction Pays-Quality Service for Practice Success by Carin A. Smith, DVM
- Creating a Culture of Service Excellence by Dennis Snow (DVD)
- First Impressions That Last (Retaining Clients with Great Customer Service) with three workbooks - AAHA
- Lessons from the Mouse by Dennis Snow
- FISH by Stephen C. Lundin Ph.D., Harry Paul, & John Christensen
- FISH For Life by Stephen C. Lundin Ph.D., Harry Paul, & John Christensen
- FISH Sticks by Stephen C. Lundin Ph.D., Harry Paul, & John Christensen
- FISH Tales by Stephen C. Lundin Ph.D., Harry Paul, & John Christensen
- When Fish Fly Lessons for Creating a Vital Energized Workplace John Yokojama, Joseph Michelli PHD
- Benchmarks 2009: A Study of Well Managed Practices by Veterinary Economics
- Benchmarks 2010: A Study of Well Managed Practices by Veterinary Economics
- Benchmarks 2011: A Study of Well Managed Practices by Veterinary Economics
- Benchmarks 2012: A Study of Well Managed Practices by Veterinary Economics
- Benchmarks 2013: A Study of Well Managed Practices by Veterinary Economics
- Benchmarks 2014: A Study of Well Managed Practices by Veterinary Economics
- Fees, Earnings, and Expenses by Vet Economics
- Financial and Productivity Pulsepoints by Erin Bohlender
- The Millionaire Next Door by Thomas J. Stanley
- Hiring & Firing by Marlene Caroselli, Ed.D.
- The Fast Forward MBA in Hiring by Roy J. Lewicki and Alexander Hiam
- Effective Inventory Control by Smith Kline Beecham
- ABC'S of Empowered Teams by Mark Towers
- Crucial Confrontations by Kerry Patterson, Joseph Grenny, Ron McMillan, Al Switzler
- Crucial Conversations – Tools for talking when stakes are high by Kerry Patterson, Joseph Grenny, Ron McMillan, Al Switzler
- In Search of Excellence by Thomas J. Peters
- Lessons in Leadership from Your Neighborhood - Making Connections, Building Relationships, Energizing Communities, Where You Work and Live by Bunny & Larry Holman
- Productivity Power by Jim Temme
- The E-Myth Revisited: Why Most Small Businesses Don’t Work and What to Do About It by Michael E. Gerber
- Who Moved My Cheese? Spencer Johnson, MD
- 101 Secrets of a High Performing Practice by Bob Levoy
- Blackwell's 5 minute Veterinary Practice Management Consult by Lowell Ackerman
- The Art of Veterinary Practice Management Mark Opperman CVPM
- High Performance Practice Merial
- Be Safe! Veterinary Safety Training for Medical & Technical Staff by Philip Seibert, CVT (DVD) and Workbook
- How to Work with People: Understanding Team Dynamics by Rockhurst University Continuing Education Center
- Team Satisfaction Pays by Carin Smith
- Vet Quiz – The Veterinary Staff Training Game (includes: game board. Question/answer cards, role play cards, suggestion box cards, and product FAQ cards)
- 301 Great Management Ideas by Leslie Brokaw
- How to Conduct Effective Reminder Calls and Callbacks by Wendy S Meyers
- Marketing Your Veterinary Practice by Shawn P. Messonnier, DVM
- Mastering the Marketplace: Taking Your Practice to the Top by Ross Clark DVM
- Mastering the Marketplace: The Practice Workbook by Ross Clark DVM
- Pearls of Practice: 301 Ways to Improve Your Practice by Veterinary Economics and Veterinary Medicine
- PARADIGMS - The Business of Discovering the Future by Joel Arthur Barker
Motivational and Self-Improvement
- Evelyn Wood Reading Dynamics (workbook w/DVD) by Evelyn Wood
- Managing From the Heart by Hyler Bracey, Jack Rosenblum, Aubrey Sanford, Roy Trueblood
- S.M.A.R.T.E.R. Success by Dr. Al Lippart
- Where Did I Go Wrong? A Comical Dose of Veterinary Practice Life by Michael A. Obenski, VMD
- Love is the Best Medicine by Dr. Nick Trout
- Mind Over Miller 36 years of Veterinary Wisdom by Robert M. Mueller, DVM