Veterinary Practice Manager
Clinic / Hospital:
Lakeview Animal Clinic
Lakeview Animal Clinic is currently seeking an experienced Veterinary Practice Manager for our clinic located in Pewaukee Wisconsin. We are a full-service small animal veterinary hospital. Our talented and caring team of veterinarian, technicians, assistants, and receptionist work together as a seamless team in order to provide exceptional veterinary care for our patients.
We are seeking an Experienced Veterinary Practice Manager.
Primary Areas of Responsibility:
- Assist and support the veterinarian and paraprofessional staff.
- Assist with staff retention and recruitment goals.
- Monitor spending in comparison to budget help insure budgetary compliance.
- Collaborate with the owner/veterinarian to achieve and maintain staff labor cost goals.
- Collaborate with owner/veterinarian toachieve overall hospital profitability.
- Create & manage work schedules for staff.
- Develop and implement hospital marketing projects.
- Ensure compliance with OSHA and other safety laws and regulations.
- Help recruit, develop and lead support staff and professional team members.
- Liaison with professional vendor representatives.
- Manage and maintain hospital inventory.
- Monitor hospital social media and help resolve customer service issues.
- Maintaining medical and office equipment, hospital cleanliness, and filing system.
- Manage HR related issues. Maintain familiarity with applicable state, federal, local employment law.
- Monitor customer service and medical performance feedback.
- Organize and lead training of all hospital personnel.
- Prepare and collaborate with others to help prepare monthly and quarterly financial reports.
- Review work performance of staff, deliver feedback, resolve personnel issues and conduct performance reviews.
- Update, develop and maintain hospital protocols, procedures, and risk management programs.
Experience and attributes required:
- Bachelor’s Degree required.
- Certified Veterinary Practice Manger credential is preferred.
- Financial management experience.
- HR management experience.
- Ability to successfully handle multiple tasks at once and succeed in an environment of ever-changing priorities.
- One or more years of proven successful management of within the veterinary medical industry or similar customer service intensive industries.
Great people, fun atmosphere and excellent compensation with flexible work hours, PTO, discounted personal pet care, with other benefits negotiable. To find out more about us, please visit us on the web at lakeviewanimalclinicwi.com.
Compensation depending on education, prior management & HR experience and skill set.
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: $45,000.00 - $55,000.00 per year
Other benefits: 401K with matching, paid vacation, paid holidays, CE time off and money, health insurance
COVID-19 considerations: Customers are curbside, employees wear masks
Contact: Dr. Anna Schwister
Clinic / Hospital:
The Cat Doctor
Are you a team player who is motivated by success? Goal-oriented? Thrives in a leadership position? You may be just the person to complete our pack at The Cat Doctor as a Hospital Manager! An integral member of the veterinary hospital management team, the Hospital Manager must create and maintain a positive culture based on high quality patient care and exceptional customer service. This person is able to develop and implement practical programs and exercise sound judgment while making decisions. Thus, creating a culture of positivity and innovation.
Job Duties and Responsibilities
Leadership and Planning:
- Highly motivated to contribute substantively to the hospital’s success.
- Participates in the planning and budget maintenance process.
- Ensures the hospital’s team has adequate visibility into operations so that the team members know how the hospital is performing, performance goals, and how they contribute to achieving the goals.
- Creates the hospital schedule and manages labor costs to budget.
- Develops and implements hospital policy, including DEA/Controlled Substances and OSHA compliance.
- Performs quality checks and reviews of client files.
- Monitors computer systems and works with IT to resolve technical systems/equipment issues.
- Changes focus and roles quickly in order to effectively interact with a variety of people, both inside the hospital and in the community.
- Partners with the Managing Veterinarian to address staffing needs including hiring, training, reviewing, and disciplining of staff.
- Tracks and maintains current licensure for all DVMs.
- Demonstrates and reinforces the highest level of client service.
- Resolves client issues and escalations, and oversees client follow-up communication.
- Drives client visits through strategic client communication and local marketing efforts (i.e. Community).
- Ensures payroll is accurately completed and submitted for all hospital staff.
- Has a high degree of business acumen and is attuned to the variables that affect the hospital’s financial performance.
- Manages hospital inventory and controls facility and administrative costs.
Qualifications - Knowledge and/or experience in the following areas:
- Multi-functional operations including budget and labor management.
- Supervisory and leadership experience.
- Problem solving and resolution management skills.
- Oral and written communication skills.
- Basic computer skills i.e. Microsoft Office suite (Previous practice management software knowledge preferred).
- Interpersonal skills with staff and clients, and works well in a team environment.
- Staff management including: coaching, developing, and motivating staff.
- Make decisions confidently and effectively.
- Model a professional and courteous manner with staff and clients.
Competitive salary based on skills and experience. Benefits include health insurance, 401K with matching, vacation time and paid holidays.
Web Site: thecatdoctor98.com
Milwaukee Tour: https://youtu.be/S5H5RFhkLkY
Contact Kirsten Friedrichs at email@example.com or 630.712.0120.